Monday, April 18, 2011

Or Maybe Because

You know that feeling before you start writing something where you can just tell it's going to be some of your best work. You have tons of ideas and can't wait to get at the computer to write them, be it for an essay, blog post, maybe you're working on a song. Today's not of those days. Mondays are brutal, and I don't have anything funny or smart to say.

Volume days on the Texas Method were made to let you know what it's like when people say they saw a light in a near death experience. Volume days were made to separate the boys from the men. I wasn't particularly angry at anything today in the gym (the usual gym atrocity aside), but after finishing each set I couldn't sit or stand still, I felt like taking out my post-set rage on a punching bag, and if it happened to ask my why I was so mad I wouldn't know what to say; I would just apologize to it. Maybe it's because the sets are so hard and take so much out of you, or maybe it's because squatting 370 pounds for 25 reps is not what I want to be doing at 6:30 am. Or maybe it's because the barbells in my gym are garbage, or maybe because it's 3000 degrees outside and my gym decided that AC is a luxury and should be reserved for anything greater than 3000.

Either way, volume days are not getting easier, but they're made to set you up for Friday when you lift new weights and set new records.

Squat - 370 5x5
Bench - 225 5x5 Missed the last rep. Sad days ahead..
Deadlift - 370 1x5

No comments:

Post a Comment