Sunday, April 24, 2011

Commitment

I can tell you one thing for sure, being committed to weightlifting is not like being committed to say, working hard to get good grades. You can't go lift weights and walk out of the gym and forget about it till the next time, like you can study, close your books and not worry about it till the next time you study. The extent to which you'll make good progress starts from the moment you leave the gym.

Recovery, which is something I just wrote about, plays a huge part in how well you'll progress. And you don't recover while you're in the gym, you recover the entire time you're out of the gym. Results don't come from going to the gym once a week, a half assed diet and garbage sleeping habits. I never made progress like I've made lately without being fully committed to what I'm doing. I'm proud of the progress I made, but next to the talent out there I still have a long way to go.

Bottom line, if you want to get somewhere in anything you need to be committed to what you're doing. Some things like weightlifting take commitment from many areas in your life, but the results in the end are worth it.

Friday

Squat - 400 1x3
Bench - 250 1x4
Clean - 147.5 5x3

No comments:

Post a Comment