Sunday, April 3, 2011

After two days of starting a new job I can already tell this will affect my lifting schedule. I'm used to lifting around mid-morning-noon, so my only options now are very very early morning, or late evening.

Given that I hate crowds, I'll probably end up going in the morning when it's nice a quiet and I can resume my barbell launching across the room to amuse myself during rest periods. It will also give me a break from the usual gym atrocity since it hits its peak around afternoon-ish when people are done work. My energy levels are also highest in the morning so that should help.

I haven't had much experience yet but I anticipate lots of sitting down in this job, so I'm pretty sure I can begin to expect a stiff back after some time. Luckily I'm not in a job that requires too much moving, otherwise I would have told them in the interview that DOMS would affect my ability to do a good job.

Hopefully a little walking around and stretching every so often will help. Be aware of whether or not you slouch, I'm sure we all have a tendency to do this. Stretch your legs out to avoid constantly having your quad muscles flexed and it should avoid some unwanted strain.

Either that or engage in some awkward looking stretches during lunch to keep yourself moving and the blood flowing through your muscles. I just might resort to this if sitting for hours on end becomes unbearable.

No comments:

Post a Comment