Friday, July 29, 2011

It's Official

I'm changing things up on Monday.. I don't have a plan yet, but enough is enough, I need to go back to making some progress. I'm not talking drastic changes, I might even stay on the Texas Method, but just change the order around of the exercises, like put them on different days, or I might change the rep scheme around. I still haven't figured it out 100% but I have a couple of ideas mixing around.

I'm also starting up cardio again as of tomorrow.. I haven't done any consistent cardio in a while and I feel like I need it again. I'll do it once a week and on the weekend so as not to interfere too much with recovery. I'll keep it light-medium intensity. Definitely not for aesthetic reasons. I'll admit I'm on the bigger side, and I'm carrying around some extra weight, but I'm happy with myself and I know I earned the weight because lifting heavy comes with eating at a surplus for a while. I'm thinking of going for 40-50 minutes on the elliptical or spin bike, something like that.

Not too sure why, but I didn't squat too well today, in fact I squatted pretty horribly. I couldn't figure it out cos squatting on Monday and Wednesday went fine, I slept well this week and ate well, so who knows.

Squat - 425 Two singles - Not good
Press - 198 1 rep max. Easy Peasy.
Clean - 194 5x3 - Not too shabby.

No comments:

Post a Comment