Friday, May 27, 2011

Friday

I don't know what makes me more mad; a personal trainer who teaches someone how to do something wrong, or a personal trainer who after teaching someone to do something wrong starts texting on his phone while said person is helplessly lifting weight and getting closer to injury. I had the pleasure of witnessing this today, so I felt obliged to say something about it.

I don't think I was meant to be in the gym today, half of what I did looked like garbage, and the other half was on its way to looking like garbage.

Squat - 430 1x3 (I almost didn't make the last rep, but then I did. Next level shizznit!)
Press - 187.5 1x2 (Damn straight. Getting closer to pressing my bodyweight, which is an achievement in itself)
Clean - 174 5x3 (Picture throwing a bucket of water on someone the second they start lifting something heavy. That's what my first rep looked like, and from there I knew it wasn't going to be a good day)

I'll take this weekend to work on the new setup I'll use. I think I'll drop the weight for volume and go up once a month and keep intensity at a 5 pound increase/week.

Post-workout activities: IKEA

No comments:

Post a Comment