Monday, May 9, 2011

8x3.. WHAT WHAT!

Today was interesting; both in a good and bad way. I had to wake up at 5 to use the extra time in the gym for the new (old?) 8x3 setup. It's hard to get up and motivated at that time, but after eating everything in sight for breakfast I was ready to go.

8x3 is definitely doable, the only thing is it feels like it's never going to end. I think it took me 45 minutes or more to finish squatting. Overall it wasn't too bad, at least I didn't feel like I might not finish.

I was talking to someone the other about supplements and he was telling me how his roommate takes every supplement known to man. I had to pull over and face palm. Supplements have lost all meaning; you supplement with something when it's missing from your diet, you don't use it to replace your diet. Guys who live off of pills and powders don't know what they're doing. They're ruining their bodies and empyting their wallets. I go back to saying, the only supplements that I believe have stood the test of time are whey protein and creatine. Years of marketing and muscle magazines and hundreds of thousands of ads made people believe that supplements are necessary if you work out. That's absolute garbage.

Squat - 380 8x3
Press - 155 5x5
Deadlift - 385 1x5

Taking my time today made a huge difference. If it's worth it to you, try to find a way to make some more time in the gym if you see you're rushing through your workout, and you'll notice that taking slightly longer breaks in between sets can make all the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment