Monday, May 16, 2011

Evil Glares From the Netherworld

I think some of my squats today looked partly like Good Mornings which is not good, at all. It was only 1 or 2 reps so I wasn't too bothered by it.

I made the mistake of asking someone for a spot on my last bench set. At the point he grabbed the bar and lifted it to help me unrack the bar I knew what this guy was doing. He was basically holding on to the bar the entire time and pulling it up for me. He was doing all the work and I was taking the credit for it. If I wanted that much assistance I would have used the Smith machine. You only help someone lift the bar if they absolutely cannot lift it anymore. I didn't ask him to come lift the bar while I extend my hands up and down looking like a moron.

Then when I was deadlifting, this woman had the nerve to give me the ultimate look of death when I drop the bar. Sorry, next time I'm lifting 385 pounds I'll be sure to take my time and lower it gently as not to hurt your precious eardrums. >:[

Needless to say I was so mad after that that I didn't consider trying the last bench set again on my own. I just walked out all 'in yo face'.

Squat - 380 8x3
Bench - 230 7x3 (and a half; if it wasn't for that idiot lifting the weight for me)
Deadlift - 385 1x5 with evil glares

My legs feel like they're going to give in any second, so I will be bringing a mobile ice-bath with me to work from now on with a wireless mouse and keyboard so I can still you know, work.

No comments:

Post a Comment