Friday, May 6, 2011

Friday

I like being able to take my time on Fridays in the gym, it makes actually doing the lifts a little more possible since I can take my time with technique, and more importantly, rest between sets. I usually can't wait to leave by the time I'm on my last set which is power cleans (Cleans of Power!), and it usually is the case that my last rep looks like my first attempt ever at the movement. This is most likely a combination of wanting to get the hell out of there and getting my ass kicked from the 'workout'.. gotta work on ma fitnessss boiii.

It's nice to have people ask you for help on their form, and even nicer when they stop you in the gym to shake your hand because they were impressed by what you're doing. But then it's aggravating to see them not listen to a word you said.. sad times; for them. Hello muscle injuries!

After changing to a 8x3 rep scheme for Mondays I decided 5x5 wasn't that bad and was actually doable; but not anymore. It's destroying me slowly so I'll go back to 8x3 and sadly will need to wake up a little earlier since 8x3 takes a bit longer to finish.

Anyway, I got some pretty decent lifts today, except for my last power clean (Cleans of Power!) which looked more like I was trying to launch the barbell at someone while letting out a primal Tarzan/mating call.

Squats - 415 1x3
Bench - 277.5 1x2 (Was meant to do one rep, but since I'm so fly I got two). Hata'
Cleans of Power! - 159 5x3

Food - Everything in sight, even pianos.

No comments:

Post a Comment