Monday, August 15, 2011

New Protein

Today was one of those days where the weight practically felt twice as heavy on each lift. Not sure why.. I recovered pretty well I think. Meh. I picked up a new protein powder today, I was taking one before which I'm pretty certain was dried up and powdered sewage that they threw into a fancy looking tub and labeled it whey protein.

This is the one I bought:


My review:

Taste - 9/10

Mixability (miscibility?) - 10/10

Texture - 9/10

Overall - 9/10. Ballin! Then again, anything would taste better after the last brand of protein I bought, which I probably shouldn't flame over the interw3bzz.

I don't usually take protein on a consistent basis, but from time to time I'll use to just for convenience sake. I won't sacrifice eating decent food in place of a protein shake - the other nutrients you'll miss out on are just as important.

Squat - 370 8x3
Bench - 255 8x3 Missed the last rep. Sue me.
Deadlift - 390 1x5 Wasn't too bad, actually pretty good.



No comments:

Post a Comment