Monday, June 27, 2011

Welcome To The Male Delivery Room

Otherwise known as the gym I go to. If you've ever wondered what it's like to hear men giving birth, I invite you to come spend an hour in my gym. When you're squatting 10 kilos, the last thing you're entitled to do is let out a Tarzan call after each rep and walk around like you own the gym. I end up losing my focus cos even with my iPod on, I still have to put up with the sounds of a live birth going on behind me.

Today was the definition of uncomfortable - sitting at a desk all day after squatting is no fun. I need to start stretching and maybe I'll carry my foam roller in my bag to work.. that won't look awkward will it?

Squat - 370 5x5 They felt somewhat good today.. Not as hard as I was expecting. Hello new muscles!
Bench - 250 8x3 Good, but almost missed the last rep. Glad the guy who just gave birth was around and had the energy to semi-spot me.
Deadlift - 380 1x5 Good.

This is a really good article to read. Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment