Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Not My Week

Okay so I decided that this isn't my week, it wasn't just Monday and possibly having an off day. I missed another rep today which I shouldn't have and subsequently decided that this whole week was garbage. Actually it all started last Friday. Hopefully this Friday will be better.

I tried pressing 170 for 3x5 and missed the last rep of the second set but then got the whole third set. Presses progress the slowest and continue to progress the slowest, and that includes shoulder and bench press. It's a good idea to microload at this point. These are basically weight plates you put on the bar that weigh less than the smallest plate you'll find in a gym; they're called fractional plates. For example they come in 0.25 pounds, 0.5 pounds, etc. That way you can still progress when you see that 5 pound jumps each week aren't working anymore.

Squat - 290 2x5
Press - 170 3x5 (Except for the last rep)

No comments:

Post a Comment