Thursday, March 17, 2011

Sometimes you can't think of a title

Not a whole lot going on today. I made this yesterday, except it didn't look anything like the picture, and in my case should be renamed to 'The Worse Butter Chicken'.

I followed the recipe exactly, all the way to the part where I had to add chicken broth. Lesson of the day: follow the directions for quantities, and don't eyeball it. I did some mental physics and decided for some reason that holding the bottle of water over the pot for 4 seconds would release exactly 1 litre of water, which is what I needed. Except it didn't. And the worst part is I didn't drain any of the water. So my butter chicken tasted and looked more like butter chicken soup/stew/everything that it shouldn't be.

I would have taken a picture of it to post here but I was too ashamed.

For anyone who's into Buddha Bar style music, you'll like this. And if you're not, then get into it. I heard this song yesterday and decided one day I'll move to the far East and become a monk.

No comments:

Post a Comment