Monday, March 28, 2011

Gym Atrocity/Food/Music

I never know how to begin these posts, so I'll just get right into it.

I'm working out in the wrong gym. Plain and simple. But I guess I shouldn't complain, at least it's a gym. I usually see the same people every Monday, and either they are getting more and more devoid of any sense of actual physical exercise, or I am becoming more awesome, you decide.

Maybe I didn't get the memo, but was today 'take off your shirt in the gym day?'. I had the misfortune of seeing at least three people lift up their shirts and flex in between sets. They weren't even working on their 'core' or abs, I don't know maybe it was to check if their barely visible two pack had spontaneously vanished. It's funny how it's always the guys with huge upper bodies and barely-there legs.

Some guy was working out in khakis. Enough said.

Apparently iPods are now too small to be carried around in the gym, and the new thing to do is bring your iPad. Either this guy was trying to make a statement, or simply trying to start a new fashion trend. Hell next time I'm bringing my entire laptop and speakers. Forget you, iPod. I'll just connect my headphones to it, wear a back pack and keep it in there. I bet I'll look pretty cool.

Enough making fun. What did I do today? I took the weight down a bit to work on my form. I was getting to a point where form started breaking down, so I did the smart thing and dropped the weight to train my spectacular muscles the right way so they can actually handle heavier weights without injury.

Squats - 350 8x3 - Not so bad, although by the 6th set I was trashed.
Press - 140 5x5 - Easier than I thought. I see a reset pretty soon.
Deadlift - 350 1x5 - Felt a bit heavy. I'll get it videoed next time to see what it looks like.

I decided I was in the mood for chicken today and took it upon myself to make oven fried chicken. I wanted to get a little creative so when I found out I didn't have enough breadcrumbs I found a bag of lime flavoured Tostitos lying around and with the help of my dog I did a combination of rolling and stepping on the bag to crush the chips and use them as a substitute. I also added garlic powder, paprika, thyme, salt and pepper and then dipped them in an egg/mayo mixture. Needless to say they turned out phenomenal and the best part is you can always use a different flavour of chips to see what you like the most.

This is how we do dinner, hata'.



This was my weapon of choice today. Enjoy, they are very good at what they do.

No comments:

Post a Comment