Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Hello Change!

I haven’t written anything in, well, quite a while, mainly because I had nothing to write about.. sometimes my posts are pure garbage cos on those days there’s nothing coherent going through my head.

The last 2-3 months I was complaining that I needed a change and I wasn’t making progress blah blah. I tried changing around a few things in my programming, changing my diet a bit, changing this changing that but nothing seemed to work.

I’ve been debating trying an Olympic lifting type program for a while now and I never really took it seriously until recently. I think this is the change I needed.. I’m a lot more motivated now to go to the gym, and it’s a great feeling to be looking forward to lifting as opposed to hating your life cos you have to squat 200 kilos 24 times at 6am.

I won’t go into too much detail about what I’m doing cos I mostly don’t know myself, but for now I’m having fun, I met a few people who Oly lift as well so it’s good to have people to exchange thoughts with especially when you’re lifting alone and have no one to give you feedback. Other than that I’m using basic resources like YouTube, reading articles and tips on the interwebzz. Olympic lifting is so technical that not having a coach is pretty dumb, at least when you’re starting off new, but where I am now I don’t have too many options. I’ll post up my numbers and lifts on a semi-consistent basis, or whenever I’m bothered, and if I’m feeling really brave I’ll post up a video from time to time of me attempting to lift.

No comments:

Post a Comment