Thursday, November 10, 2011

Battle Scars

I could have lifted a little better today, but I was pressed for time.. so.. what to do right?

I lifted with a friend today who's also new to Oly lifting, so we exchanged thoughts while trying to keep our critic-ness to a minimum.

I had the pleasure of dropping a loaded bar from shoulder height and scraping my shins so I'm sporting some nice long bruises on each leg.. it's ok they're my battle scars.

Snatch - 47.5kg worked up to two singles
Clean & jerk - 90kg two singles
Front squat - 90kg 2x2

I need to get used to the pain in my knees and upper back. Front squatting uses the muscles in your upper back around your spine to keep you stable - it's a relatively new movement to me since you lead with your chest instead of your butt and you keep your back as vertical as possible instead of at an angle, and your hamstrings are not really involved in the movement - unlike a backsquat.

No comments:

Post a Comment