Thursday, December 15, 2011

More Lifts

Going to the gym more often means technically I should be blogging more, since that was the reason I started this thing.. but I'm falling behind. I realized one thing, Oly lifting generally requires more time training than powerlifting.. I'm at the gym more often, although the intensity isn't as high yet.

I'm spending more time now on the technical side of it rather than seeing how much weight I can lift, which is good, at this stage that's what I need. I'd rather not rush now and clean 3 plates with bad form only to walk out of there with no back. I've struggled with my clean the past couple of weeks being stuck at 2 plates.

Recovery - well overall I think I recover better than when I was strictly powerlifting, but the stress on my knees and upper back is new.

Yesterday -

Front squat - 95 5x3
Clean pull - 102.5 x 3, 105 x 2, 107.5 x 1
Rack jerk behind neck - worked up to 1 plate

No comments:

Post a Comment