Saturday, August 14, 2010

Broccoli




Broccoli is one of the most underrated yet healthiest foods out there. My love affair with the vegetable began about 2 years ago and I made it a goal to eat an entire broccoli a day. For the most part I've stuck with it but the way I cook it has changed. Looking back I can't believe I used to eat it raw, just the thought of putting that stuff in my mouth now uncooked makes me want to puke. I began steaming it for a while and got used to the soft texture it gives, but then recently I changed things up a bit and found a much more enjoyable way to eat it.

Take a quick look at this website to read more about what it has to offer.

http://healthbenefits-of.org/2010/05/the-health-benefits-of-broccoli.html

I begin by steaming it like usual for about 8 or 9 minutes, then throw it in a baking pan (preheat the oven to about 425F). I use an oil spray to spray the broccoli evenly and then sprinkle some salt, garlic powder and onion powder. Put it in the oven for about 25 minutes and send me a thank you message once you're done. I look forward to it more now than I do my main meal. It gives it a nice new crispy texture and an amazing taste.

3 comments:

  1. Simply... Broccoli = Awesomeness!!! And great recipe btw :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is probably one of the sexiest pictures of broccoli I've ever seen. Now I understand your whole love affair with it. I mean, really, who would turn down such a good looking vegetable?!

    That recipe sounds Mmmmmmm!!!! Yums!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, this recipe sounds very yummy! Will try it for sure =) Thank you GGG!

    ReplyDelete