Friday, July 23, 2010

Recipe - Roasted Pumpkin/Squash Seeds


First, credit for this recipe goes to a good friend of mine, Robby Costa. He gave me this recipe a while back and I've made it numerous times since and somehow each time it tastes better than the last. It's very easy to make, takes very little time and tastes amazing. When I buy squash I'll scoop out the seeds and use them for this recipe, but fresh pumpkin seeds can also be used.

I usually use a nice big handful of seeds, but quantity is up to you.

1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon chili flakes
Sprinkle salt according to how salty you want it
1 tablespoon olive oil
Mix it all together with rinsed, dry pumpkin or squash seeds

You can let them sit for a few hours before cooking, but sometimes, okay always, I don't have the patience to wait, so I cook them right away
Spread out the seeds on an oven sheet and roast at 350 Fahrenheit mixing every 5-8 minutes until seeds are cooked and crispy

Time depends on the amount and size of seeds; maybe around 15-25 minutes

You can also roast them in a skillet with a lid on the burner on low/medium heat, but you have to stir more often

Adjust the quantities as you like, I don't even measure anymore I just sort of throw things in

3 comments:

  1. Where is the 'like' button???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucy and I liked the recipe alot :)More recipes please.
    Definetely you should write a book,a combination of recipes and nutrition/health advice.Can't wait.

    ReplyDelete